Supporting Your Clients When Making A Claim
With the outbreak of COVID-19, many of your clients may need to make a claim or be unsure of the claims process.
At TAL, we’re committed to assessing each claim individually and providing assistance to you and your client through the process. To help you provide comfort and guidance to your clients through this difficult time, we have collated a range of resources so we can work together to support your clients when they need it most.
Supporting claims for COVID-19
We have implemented some new support for clients claiming as a result of COVID-19 and the unique challenges associated with this.
Wherever possible, we will be flexible and pragmatic when it comes to customers having difficulty collecting certain information required to process or assess their claim, either due to social distancing, self-isolation or other restrictions.
We’ll also provide the following:
- Provide certainty wherever possible, by scheduling up to three months of Income Protection benefit payments when your client’s condition is likely to continue in the short term.
- For policies that include our Grief Support Benefit, we have doubled the benefit so your client’s family can be reimbursed for up to six counselling sessions (up to a maximum of $2,000) if your client passes away due to COVID-19.
Guiding your client through their claim
We have a number of resources to help you educate and support your clients through their claims, including:
- TAL Claims Hub: An interactive guide to help educate and support your clients through the steps involved in making a claim, so they know what to expect at each stage. This is designed to complement the service and knowledge of our experienced claims team.
- Grief Support and Career Coaching: We understand that making a claim can be incredibly difficult, that’s why our Grief Support and Career Coaching services are part of our cover offering, so your clients can feel supported when navigating this difficult time.
- Health Connect: A range of key support materials are available to help your clients when making a claim. Your TAL Claims Manager will also help your client with access to other services such as career counselling and return to work support.
If you need to make a claim on behalf of your client, please get in touch at your earliest convenience via one of the following contact methods, or login into TAC to initiate the process.
Our Claims Team can be contacted on 1800 101 016 to discuss your customer’s specific claim needs or you can also email email@example.com directly.
TAL Risk Academy Courses: