What you need to know when making a claim with TAL on behalf of your client
The TAL claims process is designed to be simple and responsive to assess claims quickly.
We aim to deliver the right outcome in the fastest possible time with a focus on providing compassionate, timely and knowledgeable support.
Making a claim
Please notify our claims team of your client's claim by either;
- Phone: calling our claims team on 1800 101 016
- Email: emailing our claims team email@example.com directly
2. Claim Forms
You and your client will then be sent a TAL Claim Pack within 24 hours by post or email.
3. Returning Forms
Return the accurately completed forms and all supporting documentation as quickly as possible to get the claim under way.
You can submit claim forms by:
Post: GPO Box 5380, Sydney, NSW 2001
Please contact us on 1800 101 016 if you have any questions.
Our dedicated claims consultants review each claim on an individual basis and will treat every claim on it's own merits to identify how we can proactively assist our customers. We will contact you within 5 working days of receiving a completed claim form to discuss your claim.
You and your client will be advised by phone, email and in writing as to whether the claim has been accepted, declined, or whether more information is required.
If accepted the claim will be paid by cheque or electronic payment.
If declined, we will explain why, provide the opportunity to present extra information to support the claim and provide the details of our internal and external dispute resolution service.
Claims forms issued
Claim forms and requirements notice will be issued by post or email within 24 hours of notification.
Allocation of a New Claim
Upon receipt of the initial claim forms and all supporting documentation, the allocation of the claim to a TAL Claims Consultant will occur within 24 hours. A dedicated Claims Consultant will be in contact within 5 working days of the claim being allocated.
Assessment of a New Claim
The initial assessment will occur within 5 working days of the Claims Consultant receiving the completed claim forms and all supporting documentation.
Any ongoing claim information received will be reviewed, assessed and actioned within 3 working days of receipt by the Claims Consultant. The outcome will be communicated shortly after.
Here are some helpful tips to consider when making a claim with TAL:
- Please notify TAL of the claim as soon as possible. The sooner we know about a claim, the faster we can assist.
- A Doctor’s Statement will need to be completed by a registered medical practitioner, not by a Physiotherapist, Chiropractor or Psychologist, etc.
- All documentation we request should be accurately completed and returned as quickly as possible.
- If the claim relates to a policy held within superannuation, please ensure that all the relevant requested financial information (e.g. previous financial year tax returns and Notice of Assessment) is provided when submitting the claim forms.
- If required, empower our Claims team to talk to your client directly to help us quickly obtain the information that is needed to progress their claim.
Tools and resources
TAL Reality Checker